Did you know that I bought a big pineapple for a good price from a nearby market? Cleaning and cutting pineapple is a messy job and I hate it. Due to this reason, I avoid buying pineapple. But when I came across a very fresh, fragrant, ripe, yellow pineapple at the fruit shop I just pushed aside those initial feelings and was really tempted to buy one.
As I bought this fruit, the entire week became a pineapple week as I made different dishes over the week using pineapple. Few slices of it went to pineapple kesari and few went to pineapple rasam. Making these two dishes were in my mind for a long time and my wish finally got fulfilled. Now after preparing these dishes, I had few slices of pineapple left. So, I mixed it with pomegranate to prepare the Pineapple & Pomegranate Juice. The method of preparation is listed below.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Pineapple - 4 rings / 2 cups
Pomegranate - 1 cup
Honey / Sugar - 1 tablespoon or as required
Ice cubes - as required
Water - 2 cups
1) Add the pineapple and pomegranate seeds in a blender and blend it for few minutes.
2) Add water and again blend it for few seconds.
3) Strain the juice alone. Stir in the sugar till it dissolves. Taste and adjust the sugar.
4) Fill ice cubes in a serving glass as required.
5) Pour the juice and serve chill.
1) Adjust the sugar or honey or just eliminate it, based on how sweet is the pineapple / pomegranate.