Banana and walnut from this muffins add extra taste and you won't feel that ragi is added to these muffins. I am planning to prepare these muffins again and this time, I am planning to add more walnuts for extra crunch and add an extra tablespoon of milk for extra moist.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 6 Muffins
Wheat flour or All purpose flour / Plain flour / Maida - 2/3 cups (80 grams)
Ragi flour - 1/3 cup (40 grams)
Baking powder - 1 and 1/2 teaspoons
Baking soda - 1/4 teaspoons
Nutmeg powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Brown sugar - 1/4 cup (50 grams)
Egg - 1 no
Banana - 1 medium size, mashed
Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
Milk - 1/4 cup (60 ml)
Olive oil - 2 tablespoons (30 ml)
Walnuts - 6 nos, roughly crushed
1) Preheat the oven to 180C(355F). Line the muffins tray with muffin liners.
2) In a wide mixing bowl, sift and mix wheat flour, ragi flour, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg powder. Keep aside.
3) In another bowl, add all the wet ingredients.
4) Pour the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients along with brown sugar.
6) Spoon this mixture equally to the prepared muffins tray.
7) Sprinkle the crushed walnuts on top of each muffins.
8) Bake it in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or till the tooth pin inserted into it comes out clean.
10) Serve warm with hot milk.
1) The conversion of all the ingredients is given approximately based on conversion charts available over web.